Several residential colleges masters have e-mailed their students to inform them of gatherings this evening to discuss and mourn the death of Andre Narcisse ’12.

Branford College Master Steven Smith will hold a meeting at 7 p.m. in the Branford common room, where students will have the opportunity to meet with members of the Chaplain’s Office and the Yale College Dean’s Office. “There is little that can be said at the moment because the matter is now in the hands of the medical investigators. What we can do, however, is to come together as a community to share our thoughts and use this time to grieve together,” Smith said in an e-mail to the Branford community.

Silliman College Master Judith Krauss is holding an open house for students in the college between 4 and 6 p.m., where they will “have a chance to talk with me privately or just have a cup of tea or coffee for comfort.”

Ezra Stiles College Master Stephen Pitti and Ezra Stiles Dean Jennifer Wood have invited students to the college’s dining hall at 9 p.m. “There is no agenda or program, but please come if would like to talk or simply be with your classmates,” Pitti said in an e-mail.

Davenport College Master Richard Schottenfeld will open his home between 8 and 9:30 p.m. for students who “would like to share a little ‘family’ time — even if not your own family — or are in need of a space to visit and talk.”

YALE DAILY NEWS