After dominating the non-conference season, the Yale volleyball team is commencing Ivy League play this weekend against Brown. The team, along with the field hockey and women’s soccer teams, will be selling t-shirts for the “Team Up to Fight Cancer” initiative this weekend.

The Elis (10-1), who have swept their past six matches, will face the Bears at the John J. Lee Amphitheater on Friday at 7 p.m. Thilda Soderstrom, the runner-up of the 2009 season of Swedish Idol will open play with the National Anthem. The singer will open Saturday’s Mets’ baseball game at Citi Field afterwards.

Last weekend, the Elis swept the Yale Classic as they went 9-0 against Central Connecticut State, Quinnipiac and Binghamton. Alexis Crusey ’10, Kelly Ozurovich ’11, and Haley Wessels ’13 were selected for the all-tournament team. Crusey was also named Most Valuable Player.

Brown (4-7) is coming off a loss at Bryant on Saturday, but before that, the team was on a three-match winning streak. Currently ranked fifth in the Ivy League with a .158 hitting percentage in 43 sets. The team leads the Ivies in aces (1.86 service aces per set) and four of their players rank in the individual top-10 for aces.

The Bears take second-worst honors in blocking with 1.51 blocks per set.

Friday’s match will be the 50th time the Bulldogs and Bears face each other at the net. The Elis have a strong 31-18 edge and have won the past six encounters and coach Erin Appleman is 10-2 all-time against Brown.

Play begins at 7 p.m. in New Haven.