Crimson ad denies Holocaust. The Harvard Crimson apologized Wednesday for an ad printed Tuesday suggesting the Holocaust did not occur. The advertisement provoked dozens of angry e-mail messages to the newspaper.

Crimson President Maxwell Child said the advertisement was originally rejected by the newspaper but then “fell through the cracks.” In a letter to Crimson readers, Child blamed the error on the three weeks of summer vacation that passed between the ad’s submission and the paper going to print.

The Publick Cup is currently offering free gifts, ranging from T-shirts to coffee, to all freshmen who come to the coffee shop and spin a wheel.

‘Dear GQ editors, we’re writing to let you know that we’re not mad.’ The Brown Daily Herald printed an editorial yesterday responding to GQ magazine’s claim that Brown was the douchiest college in the country.

$500,000 worth of marijuana was confiscated from a Dwight Street apartment by the New Haven Police Department yesterday. The authorities became involved after neighbors complained of pot plants growing on the building’s roof.

Bento box maker Jordan Smith ’11 was featured in a New York Times article Tuesday about the popular Japanese lunch boxes. Smith said he endured a bit of ridicule in high school over his Bento boxes — “like, look at that white person pretending to be Japanese.”

Connecticut prepares for swine flu. Governor M. Jodi Rell announced yesterday that state residents most at risk for the H1N1 flu virus would be among the first to receive a vaccine for the virus once it become available. A full plan for the vaccine’s distribution will be announced today.

Tomb on fire? Firefighters paid a visit to Wolf’s Head on York Street around 7 p.m. last night. There was no apparent fire, and the fire engine departed soon after.

Legal scholar Michael Schill LAW ’84 will assume the deanship of the University of Chicago Law School as of Jan. 1, the University of Chicago announced Tuesday. Schill currently serves as dean of the University of California – Los Angeles School of Law.

This day in Yale history

2001 The announcement of a potential new AIDS vaccine, developed at Yale by a team led by Dr. John Rose at the School of Medicine, added ammunition to the fight to end the world’s AIDS epidemic.