So far, goalkeepers Ayana Sumiyasu ’11 and Adelaide Gay ’12 have been unbeatable.

After shutting out Wagner on Friday by a 2-0 score, the Yale women’s soccer team coasted to a 3-0 victory in Sunday’s match against Hofstra to start the season with a pair of shutouts.

“It’s a good start to the week,” head coach Rudy Meredith said. “We haven’t given up a goal.

The match marked the Bulldog squad’s first encounter with Hofstra (2-2), a team that bested last year’s Ivy League co-champion, Princeton, on Friday.

Yet from the start of Sunday’s competition, Yale (2-0) possessed the ball for much of the first half. The Bulldog offense and midfielders maintained early control of play, and 20 minutes into the first half midfielder Enma Mullo ’12 curved a free kick into the upper right corner of the goal to give Yale the lead.

By halftime Yale had tallied eight shots to the Pride’s three attempts.

Only minutes into the second half, Yale made the score 2-0 when forward Leslie Perez ’10 netted a perfectly placed cross from forward Kristen Forster ’13.

“In the game we just played against Wagner we missed a few key opportunities,” Perez said. “We worked on that during practice and it paid off.”

Hofstra responded by making a few drives into Yale’s territory and upping its offensive action to tally 14 more shots.

“Since we were up 2-0, I think they definitely came on harder in the second half,” forward Becky Brown ’11 said of Hofstra’s play.

But even those efforts by the Pride could not daunt the Bulldogs. Seventy-one minutes into the game, Brown — who scored both goals in Friday’s game against Wagner — settled a pass from Perez and notched Yale’s third goal of the afternoon.

Hofstra launched a final offensive toward the end of the second half, but nothing could get by the Bulldog goalkeeper. With 15 minutes remaining, Sumiyasu knocked away a strong shot by Diane Caldwell. Courtney Breen made Hofstra’s best attempt on goal a few minutes later, but her 25-yard shot ricocheted off the crossbar.

Sumiyasu closed her day with nine saves — eight of which came in the second half — to preserve the shutout.

“I’m very happy with our performance,” Meredith said. “[Hofstra] is a good team. Their strength is that they have a good bench … so when they were subbing players, it just kept the game going.”

Brown added, “It feels amazing, especially since last year we didn’t score that many goals. I think we have a lot better chemistry this year. We just like each other a lot and we like to be around each other, so it comes easier.”

Many of the team’s members also saw playing time in Friday’s season opener against Wagner (1-3), as Meredith managed to use 20 different players in the match, including Gay, who posted a shutout.

Brown racked up both Yale goals in just more than the first half-hour of play, and in quick succession. Her second shot found the back of the net about three minutes after her first attempt scored.

The Bulldogs were the dominant team throughout the match, totaling 27 shots during the game to Wagner’s one attempt in the 60th minute of play.

After wrapping up a weekend of wins, the women’s team will face its next challenge Thursday in a home match against Sacred Heart at 7 p.m.