Head outside and get those endorphins flowing. At 1 p.m. on Saturday the Yale Student Roundtable will be hosting an epic game of Capture the Flag on the New Haven Green. Come armed with one red and one blue shirt.

Yale Law School is no longer the nation’s most selective. University of California–Irvine School of Law accepted 4 percent of its applicants for a 68-person first-year class. Yale and Stanford law schools also had single-digit acceptance rates, at 7 percent and 9 percent, respectively. What knocked Yale off its perch? Irvine is offering free tuition to all members of its first-year class for all three years of law school.

Last night marked yet another chapter in the rich and varied history of Yale’s tap night. See story, page 5, for details of tap night as far back as the 1800s.

Hot Gun! A new literary journal, edited by Joshua Stanley GRD ’09 and Ryan Waller GRD ’09, has rolled into town. The launch, featuring poetry readings by three modernist poets, is tonight at 8 p.m. in the Davenport Dive. The journal is available at Labyrinth Books for $7. According to Stanley, it is “starlight to the swathe confusers … THUS YEAH.”

Yet another incentive to waste time online. According to an e-mail from GoCrossCampus co-founder Matthew Brimer ’09, PickTeams.com has another new game called PocketTowers. Brimer warned, “Be careful though … it’s quite addictive. ;-)”

The Connecticut Mission of Mercy and 94.3 WYBC RADIO (Yale Broadcasting) will promote dental health today and Saturday, holding a clinic at Hillhouse High School. More than 105 dentists are donating their time to serve community members seeking dental care. CTMOM hopes to treat more than 2,000 people.

Time for a change. College rankings are problematic, Dean of Admissions Jeff Brenzel said Thursday at the Rethinking Admissions conference at Wake Forest University. Brenzel advocated for an alternative system, which he said would provide students with the information necessary to find the best fit.

Yale researchers have discovered Salmonella’s secret weapon. A single protein enables the bacterium Salmonella enterica to survive entering the cells which line the intestine to take over cellular functions. Their report is published in the journal Cell.

This day in Yale history

1942 An Army Air Corps recruiting party accepted 27 undergraduate enlistees. Twenty of those chose to form Yale’s first Army Air Corps unit. Each enlistee received $21 a month and a food allowance.

YALE DAILY NEWS