Having served as the chair of the Freshman Class Council and class representative on the Branford College Council, Adam Thomas ’12 said he believes he is now ready to tackle the task of being YCC Treasurer.

Thomas credited his oversight of the FCC for preparing him to be the best candidate for the treasurer: “I have run a council, built close relationships and coordinated events as poart of the FCC board.”

Building consensus within the Yale community is the key feature of Thomas’ platform. If elected, he said he would implement polls and interviews to garner campus input on how the YCC budget ought to be spent. In addition, Thomas said he hopes to increase funding for smaller student organizations and work toward a campus debit-account system that will consolidate currently separate laundry and printing accounts.

“At the moment there isn’t enough money being put toward campus events,” he said. “Students who are throwing these events need to have an easy way to figure out whom to contact so they can really throw a great party.”

During his term as FCC chair over the past academic year, Thomas helped organize the Freshman Olympics, built rapport with the Old Campus Fellows and worked with the YCC to improve the conditions of the frequently broken and overcrowded laundries on Old Campus, he said.

Shelley Foran ’12, who served alongside Thomas on FCC, said the drum enthusiast has the interests of the freshman class at heart.

“Adam brings out the best in the people he works with,” she said, citing his enthusiasm for last weekend’s Freshman Olympics.

While Thomas said he sees leadership, humility and commitment to service as his strengths, the Dallas native conceded to being an impulsive decision maker.

Indeed, Thomas once got both his father’s car and the tow truck meant to free it stuck in the mud.

“Sometimes I rush into something without giving it full consideration,” he laughed.