This weekend will be a battle between historic rivals as the Yale softball team travels to Cambridge, Mass., to face Harvard.

The Elis (14-15, 3-5 Ivy) will face the Crimson (19-9, 5-3) in two doubleheaders over the course of the weekend, with both twin bills beginning at 12:30 p.m.

The Bulldogs are coming off a doubleheader loss to Penn on Sunday after sweeping Columbia the day before. Yale has won four of its last six games and has been getting it done both offensively and defensively.

Harvard is coming off a midweek loss to BU on Thursday and will be looking to widen their two game lead over Yale in the division.

The weekend promises to be filled with low scoring as both teams have been performing exceptionally well on the mound. The Elis have managed to post an astounding 2.60 ERA while Harvard has only averaged 2.37 earned runs.

The key fo Eli success this weekend will be for their hitting to come through in the clutch as it has done many times over the season. Harvard has had a tough time scoring this season against teams with dominant pitching and has lost close games as a result.

If the Elis can jump out ahead of the Crimson early, Harvard will have a hard time rebounding against a dominant Yale pitching staff.

The hitters who have the potential to help Yale get ahead early are Katie Edwards ’09, captain Megan Enyeart ’09, Lauren Huddleston ’10, Meg Johnson ’12 and Ashley Sloan ’10. All five batters are currently hitting above .300 and are all in the double digits in runs batted in. Huddleston leads the group with a .429 batting average.