After a disappointing loss earlier this week to Quinnipiac, the Yale baseball team hopes to bounce back as they play host to two Ivy League foes this weekend.

The Bulldogs’ full weekend schedule begins at noon on Saturday with a doubleheader against Columbia. On Sunday, Yale will follow up with a twin bill against Penn.

The Elis (6-10, 2-2 Ivy) are coming off a disappointing 5-3 loss to Quinnipiac on Wednesday, and a split doubleheader against Princeton and Cornell last weekend. The three starting pitchers from last weekend — Vinny Lally ’11, Brandon Josselyn ’09, Robert Gruber ’12 — are expected to return to the mound.

Lally, a southpaw who pitched a near perfect game against Cornell and only allowed one hit in seven innings, was recently named Ivy Pitcher of the Week. Third baseman Andy Megee ’11 leads the Eli offense with a .406 batting average and 28 hits.

Columbia (4-19, 2-2 Ivy) is hitting the field for the first time since losing to Army 18-2 on Tuesday. In league play, the Lions swept Harvard in a double-header on Saturday and lost two games to Dartmouth on Sunday. Yale has yet to face either of those teams.

The Lions have a .251 batting average and their pitchers share a 7.11 ERA. Nick Cox, Columbia’s outfielder, leads the Ancient Eight in stolen bases with 12. Pitcher Dan Bracey has been responsible for two of the Lions’ four league wins.

The Quakers (10-12, 0-4) will also visit New Haven for the first time this season. The team has a strong .320 batting average, and is coming off two losses to Harvard and a mid-week 13-5 loss to Delaware. The team will face Brown on Saturday before heading to New Haven.

“Our expectations are that we know we’re two games back and that its early in the season,” captain Stefan Schropp ’09 said. “We’ll try not to let the teams ahead of us get out of reach and take three, if not four [of the games].”

All four games will be played at Yale Field. According to the National Weather Service, Saturday holds a 20 percent chance of rain, while Sunday is expected to be mostly sunny with a high near 61 degrees.