Next month’s Spring Fling will feature the funk rock band N*E*R*D, the remix artist Girl Talk and the rapper Wale, the News has learned.

The three musical acts are listed on the Web site of Pollstar, a trade magazine covering the concert industry, as being scheduled to perform at Yale on April 28, the date of Spring Fling.

In a joint interview Monday evening, Yale College Council President Rich Tao ’10, Yale Student Activities Committee Chair Colin Leatherbury ’09 and Spring Fling Chair Natasha Sarin ’11 would neither confirm nor deny that the three acts had been booked for Spring Fling. Tao added that the YCC and YSAC will likely not be able to announce the final lineup until the decisions are final and contracts are signed.

“We are excited as anybody about making the line-up public,” Tao said. “But, at this moment, everything is still work in progress.”

Tao would neither confirm nor deny whether additional acts would be booked. He also declined to comment on whether the three acts depleted the budget allotted for booking artists, which Leatherbury said will not change significantly from last year’s figure of roughly $100,000.

Girl Talk, or Gregg Gillis, is a DJ who specializes in mixing together multiple songs to make his own music. His most recent album, Feed the Animals, was ranked as one of Rolling Stone Magazine’s top 50 albums of 2008.

Girl Talk has performed twice at Yale in recent years. In November 2006, he gave a concert in the Ezra Stiles College dining hall in an event organized by Volume Magazine. Admission to the event was free. In April 2008, he performed at Toad’s Place in New Haven.

N*E*R*D, which stands for No one Ever Really Dies, is a funk rock band. Two of its members also make up the Neptunes, a record production duo who have produced for Britney Spears, Diddy and Snoop Dogg.

Wale (pronounced Wall-ay), a relative newcomer to the mainstream music industry, is set to release his first album in 2009. His first single off the album, “Chillin’” features Lady Gaga. He tours with a nine-piece band that plays his back up music live.

Unlike the other two performers, Wale was not present on either of the two most recent student surveys conducted by YSAC, which polled student opinion on various artists.

The multiple surveys were one way in which this year’s selection process was a break with that of past years, which had been criticized by students for not being sufficiently transparent. A Spring Fling selection committee — separate from YSAC — met numerous times over the course of the year to discuss possible lineups.

Earlier this semester, organizers suggested that they might not rehire Pretty Polly Productions, the middle agent production company historically hired to book Spring Fling acts. Chris Barber, a senior agent at Pretty Polly, said Monday night that the company had not been involved in booking any of Yale’s acts.

Last year’s Spring Fling featured Sean Kingston, the Roots and Jimmy Eat World.