The men’s lacrosse team already avenged last season’s opening day loss to Holy Cross with a 13-8 win last weekend, and it will look to keep things going on the road against a nationally ranked opponent this weekend.

The Bulldogs (1-0, 0-0 Ivy) travel to Amherst, Mass., to face No. 20 UMass in a 1 p.m. contest at Garber Field on Saturday.

Yale upset the Minutemen (1-1) 7-4 last year at Reese Stadium in their second game of the season. Attacker Jonathan Koenig ’08 led the Bulldogs on offense with two goals, while fellow attacker Brendan Gibson ’10 added a goal and two assists. UMass was ranked No. 14 in the nation at that time.

“We’ve always seemed to play well against them,” head coach Andy Shay said. “They’re a big rival of ours. We love playing them, and we think they love playing us. We’re excited to go up there and see what we do.”

Six of the last seven games between the two teams have been decided by three goals or less.

UMass opened its season up with a 15-6 home victory against Sacred Heart on Feb. 14 but fell to Hofstra 11-10 last weekend.

The Bulldogs looked impressive on offense last weekend against Holy Cross. Attacker Michael Karwoski ’09 led Yale on offense last weekend with three goals and an assist. Gibson, attacker Brian Douglass ’11, and midfielder Matt Miller ’12 chipped in two goals apiece, while goaltender Jonathan Falcone ’11 made 16 saves in his first career start.