The men’s hockey team will look to bounce back in emphatic fashion tonight after a pair of disappointing contests at Ingalls Rink last weekend.

The Bulldogs (11-5-1, 6-3-1 ECAC) travel to upstate New York to face ECAC division leaders No. 3 Cornell (13-1-3, 8-0-2) at Lynah Rink, followed by another conference matchup against Colgate (6-11-5, 1-6-3) on Saturday night.

The Big Red have been the ECAC’s most impressive team so far this season (they are still undefeated in conference play). Their only loss of the season occurred back in November against No. 15 North Dakota, and the team is 9-0-1 in its last 10 games.

Yet for the level-headed Bulldogs, the impending showdown with Cornell is being treated as just another road game.

“I have a lot of confidence in our team,” goaltender Billy Blase ’10 said. “It’s just going to be another regular weekend — we’re not going to change the way we play. We leave the scouting up to the coaches.”

Colgate, on the other hand, sits near the bottom of the ECAC standings and has lost its last three games. Despite having struggled in conference play, the Raiders managed ties against Cornell in both meetings this season.

Blase was in the net the last time Yale faced off against the two teams. He made 32 saves in a 6-1 win at Colgate on Jan. 25, 2008, and stopped 15 shots in a 2-2 away tie against Cornell the next evening.