Coming off a resounding 76-66 home victory over perennial Patriot League power Holy Cross, the men’s basketball team now heads into its second stretch of road contests. This time around, the Bulldogs are on the road for five games, starting on Saturday against Wagner (4-2) and ending at Division 1 newcomer Bryant (1-4) on Jan. 2.

“Obviously these type of road stretches are tiring on your body and they’re mentally fatiguing too,” guard Chris Andrews ’09 said. “But in the end it’s good for us, because once Ivy League play starts, it’s going to be games on back-to-back days on the road.”

Wagner, a Northeastern Conference member, will be coming off an 84-69 defeat at Columbia on Wednesday night, which broke a four-game Seahawk winning streak.

Three double-digit scorers lead the experienced Seahawks on the floor. Senior forward Llewchean Radford tops the team with a 13.7 points-per-game average and eight rebounds per game. Fellow classmates Joey Mundweiler and Jamal Smith average 12.8 and 12.5 ppg, respectively. Smith is second on the team in rebounding, averaging six boards per contest.

Guard Alex Zampier ’10 scored a career-high 28 points against Holy Cross on Wednesday night and is leading the Elis with a 15.3 ppg average. Captain and forward Ross Morin ’09, who dropped a season-high 20 points in Sunday’s loss at Sacred Heart, is second in the scoring, averaging 12 ppg. Morin also leads the squad in rebounding, averaging 5.3 per game.

In last season’s meeting, Wagner narrowly defeated Yale at the John J. Lee Amphitheater, 71-68. In that contest, Morin led the Bulldogs in scoring with 14 points and Zampier tallied 11 points.