Wait … never mind. The YPMB has hereby been un-suspended. An e-mail last night from Director of Yale Bands Thomas Duffy to members of the YPMB read, “I am delighted to report that, as of 9:30 pm tonight, the issues that prompted my suspension of the band have been reconciled to my satisfaction. I will let the appropriate administrators at Yale know that the suspension is lifted.” Apparently the band’s halftime graffiti at The Game was only offensive enough to garner an eight-day suspension — over break.

The rededication of Jonathan Edwards College will finally take place tonight, after months of delays that saw some displaced JE students housed in the Omni hotel. In an e-mail sent to JE students announcing the event, Master Gary Haller wrote in all-caps, “I WANT A STANDING ROOM ONLY STUDENT CROWD HERE WITH A REAL SHOW OF JE SPIRIT.”

Football coach Jack Siedlecki’s retirement has garnered a reaction beyond the Yale bubble, notably in the pages of none other than The Harvard Crimson. Crimson columnist and aspiring wit Brad Hinshelwood’s piece yesterday opened with the rhetorical query, “What (other than the obvious) is wrong with Yale?”

Two large tour trucks belonging to the Broadway show “Mamma Mia!” were spotted parked outside of Hendrie Hall yesterday. The show will be performing at the Shubert Theatre from today until Sunday as part of the musical’s North American tour.

Internet-savvy city officials created a Facebook event for the groundbreaking ceremony of the 360 State project. As of last night, the event, subtitled “Redevelopment of the Former Shartenberg Site Marks the Beginning of One of the City’s Largest Economic Development Booms in History,” boasted 24 confirmed attendees, including Mayor John DeStefano Jr, who is listed in the New Haven, Conn., network.

Grammy-award-winning pianist Emanuel Ax, who is a recipient of Yale’s Sanford Medal, will perform tonight in Morse Recital Hall. His program will include works by two composers, both named Franz: Schubert and Liszt. Student tickets, priced at $8, are still on sale.

This day in Yale history

1957 Charles G. Meyer Jr. ’59, pledgemaster for the fraternity Zeta Psi, was abducted from his common room by 10 Zeta pledges who led him to a car waiting outside. A spokesman for the pledges said Meyer would be away for “several days.” This incident followed an earlier episode in which Delta Kappa Epsilon pledges handed pledgemaster Terry Ryan ’59 a one-way ticket to California.

Submit ideas to Cross Campus

crosscampus@yaledailynews.com