No-pants Safety Dance. After Friday’s ’80s-themed Safety Dance, about 100 revelers made their way over to the Palmer House on Lynwood Avenue for a naked party, complete with black lights and body paint. A student noted that although many attendees were coming from the Safety Dance, they “enthusiastically abandoned their ’80s attire at the door.”

Worst to first. Davenport College’s dining hall was re-inspected by the health department Friday and upped its rating by 15 points to a score of 92 — the highest of all 12 residential colleges. Davenport narrowly missed besting the Hall of Graduate Studies dining hall by one point.

In other dining hall news, Silliman College’s dining hall is missing “over 150 cups and silverware sets,” wrote Master Judith Krauss in a collegewide e-mail yesterday. The dining hall staff is “desperate” for the return of the missing cutlery, so any forks and knives pilfered from dinner should be replaced promptly in Silliman’s dish drop.

What is art? Graduate students in Yale’s sculpture department organized a performance art event Saturday night at their new Edgewood Gallery. Liana Moskowitz ’09, after attending the event, spent the night pondering the question, “What is the connection between art school and noise bands?”

Watch out, Yale Law. The Boston Globe reported yesterday that, according to the legal community, Harvard’s law school is on its way to catching up with Yale’s — Harvard’s faculty is now top-notch, and its yield from accepted students is at a 20-year high. The change is attributed to a hiring spree by Harvard Law School Dean Elena Kagan.

Bottled water safe after all? Dr. Stephen Edberg, Yale-New Haven Hospital’s director of microbiology, dismissed an Environmental Working Group study that concluded “the purity of bottled water cannot be trusted.” Edberg criticized the EWG for “failing to conduct controlled scientific experiments,” claiming the study was confusing and its results were unsubstantiated.

This day in Yale history

1966 A rowdy mob of about 1,000 people crowded onto High Street in order to attend a showing of experimental Japanese films at the Yale Art Gallery. The films contained “eighteen minutes of the act of creation,” reported the News the day before, and it was speculated that this fact incited the mob’s presence outside the gallery.Four hundred and fifty people were finally admitted for the screening, but police remained stationed outside on High Street, which was littered with beer cans. A senior noted, in response to the whistling in the audience whenever women appeared onscreen, “This is what Yale gets for not being co-ed.”

Submit ideas to Cross Campus

crosscampus@yaledailynews.com