This article has been corrected. You may view this article’s correction here.

John Adams went to Harvard, but two Elis — David McCullough ‘55 and Paul Giamatti ‘89, the son of former Yale President Bart Giamatti — attempted to bring Adams to life on HBO this year. They apparently succeeded: At the Emmy Awards last night, “John Adams” won best mini-series and Giamatti won best actor in a mini-series or movie. The production came away with five wins total — wins, we might add, for Yale, not the school up north.

Forbidden alcohol at Rush Week singing dessert after parties garnered penalties for a cappella groups Proof of the Pudding, the Baker’s Dozen and the Society of Orpheus and Bacchus. They face losing their tap night dinners or waiting an extra two minutes at the gate when awarding bids. Really.

The line of pillow-cased freshmen walking by Silliman on Saturday night? Freshmen Class Council initiation. Singing Celine Dion may or may not have been part of their legislative agenda.

Special delivery: The Times of London sat on the stoop of the President’s House at 43 Hillhouse Ave. early Saturday morning. No word on whether former Prime Minister Tony Blair, who had left campus the previous night, got room service, too.

After meeting twice in as many days, a committee of 12 students chosen by the Yale College Council has winnowed student picks for Dean of Yale College into a shortlist of 13 names. Look for the News’ analysis later this week.

Doling out flashy freebies, companies at Friday’s career fair jostled for student attention. Bridgewater passed out ping pong balls, while Limewire tossed Frisbees. Meanwhile, the rep from the Drug Enforcement Agency looked lonely.

Gerber mom and Ezra Stiles Dean Jennifer Wood held a baby shower for expected twins Jane and Zora on Sunday.

It ain’t the Russell Senate Office building, but the YCC is in talks with the Dean’s Office to secure digs in the Bingham basement.

Welcome back, Common App: The UOFC’s latest attempt at simplifying student funding — a single application for multiple funding sources — is slated to go live today. Dreaming bigger? Wait for the 5K competitions in October.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1941 Radio station WOCD, forerunner to today’s WYBC broadcast live for the first time. The News at the time dubbed the station, then operating from 202 York St., “the bouncing infant of the Yale Daily News.” In 1945, after five years of broadcasting war bulletins and an on-air Morse Code class, the station changed its call letters to WYBC and went independent.

Submit ideas to Cross Campus

crosscampus@yaledailynews.com