Two men were killed and one was injured in a shooting early Saturday morning on Country Street near the corner of Goffe Street, the New Haven Register reported Sunday.

William Burruss, 31, and a 24-year-old male, whom the Register did not identify because his family had not yet been notified, died at the scene, which is adjacent to playgrounds at DeGale Field. Christopher Duncan, 23, who was also shot, was brought to the Hospital of Saint Raphael by a driver he flagged down a few hundred yards from the scene, according to the Register.

New Haven Police Department officers estimate that between 15 and 20 shots were fired.

No arrests have been made.

The shooting was first reported around 3:45 a.m. by a patrol officer on Blake Street, who radioed in that he had heard a series of gun shots, the Register reported. Soon after, police received a 911 call about the same incident.

According to the Register, investigators have not identified a motive for the shooting. At the time of the shooting, the men were returning home from a club.

The shooting is the sixth in New Haven since Wednesday, though police have not found a link between the crimes.

Pastor Donald Morris of the Christian Community Commission told the Register he plans to hold an anti-violence rally at the site of the shooting Tuesday.

“We’re not going to let it go without saying something,” he told the Register on Saturday.

—The Yale Daily News

YALE DAILY NEWS