Coming off a midweek doubleheader in which everything fell into place, the Bulldogs are entering the weekend with the momentum of their extra inning win and their tie against Providence on Wednesday.

Yale jumps back into Ivy League competition when they travel to Dartmouth to face the Big Green in two doubleheaders this weekend.

The Big Green swept the Bulldogs in this same series last year.

Players said they know that the Bulldogs have slim chances of making it to the top of the North Division standings and earning a spot at the Ivy League championships. But the Elis said they are still looking forward to a good fight, and perhaps even taking Dartmouth out of the running with a few wins.

“We’re so pumped on how well we did this week — we made great improvement in every aspect and it can only go up from here,” pitcher Kayla Kuretich ’10 said. “We know that our chances aren’t very high, but we’re still going to play with everything we have and there’s no reason why we still can’t keep on improving.”

The Bulldogs boast both better hitting and pitching statistics than the Big Green. Ashley Sloan leads Yale offense with a .359 batting average, and the Elis have 10 players who are hitting over .200. Meanwhile, Dartmouth’s lead hitter, Christy Austin, is hitting only .235 and the team has only five players batting over .200.

Kuretich and KR Ling ’10 lead Yale pitching with 2.09 and 2.10 ERAs, respectively, whereas Dartmouth’s Angela Megaw boasts a 2.97 ERA with the next best two Big Green pitchers carrying ERAs over 4.00.