On the field — rugby player. During the weekends — DKE member. Off the field — candidate for YCC treasurer.

Will Alexander ’10 has two years of experience in student government at Yale and hopes to use the relationships he has formed within the YCC to help make the council better reflect students’ input.

His girlfriend and campaign assistant, Claire Leatherwood ’09, said she has seen first-hand how dedicated Alexander was to the various projects he helped plan in the past year as one of Timothy Dwight College’s representative to the YCC.

Alexander said his involvement with the FCC sparked his interest in continuing involvement with student government at Yale.

“I’ve always enjoyed improving student life at Yale,” he said.

In the past year, Alexander said, he has worked toward this end by acting as the YCC liaison to Bass Library.

He negotiated for longer operating hours during reading week and helped establish the library’s new student DVD collection.

Since Yale students pay a $50 student-activities fee, the treasurer should have the most direct responsibility for ensuring their input, he said.

“I hope to release a very simple survey that describes what each organization that receives funding from students-activities fees does and what their level of funding is,” Alexander said. “Then, students could decide to tweak the budgets depending on what they want.”

Alexander attended Kellenberg Memorial High School in Westbury, N.Y., where he was the president of the National Honor Society, captain of the academic bowl team and a member on the varsity basketball and volleyball teams. Alexander is a history major.