Having lost its last three games, and six of its last seven, the men’s lacrosse team is in dire need of a win.

The Elis (2-7, 0-4 Ivy) face in-state opponent Fairfield (3-6, 1-3) on Saturday and will look to improve their disappointing non-conference record. In addition to the difficult Ivy League schedule, the Bulldogs have not helped themselves outside of their conference, dropping three of their four games.

The matchup pits two teams looking to rebound from tough losing streaks. Despite having lost six games in a row, the Stags are coming off a moral victory. In their last game, they lost a close one against No. 4 Georgetown 10-8.

Coming off their lowest goal output of the year in a 15-4 loss to Albany, the Elis will look to jump start their offense, which has had trouble matching last year’s offensive output. According to attackman Tyler Casertano ’08, the offense will go back to fundamentals in order to generate good scoring opportunities.

“It’ll be about getting down to the basics, doing the right thing and doing it fast,” he said. “If we stay organized, move our feet quickly and move the ball quickly, then we’ll generate scoring opportunities. Then we’ll just need to finish our shots.”