Coming off of two disappointing losses Wednesday — an 8-0 rout and 2-1 last-inning loss against Fairfield — the Bulldogs are now re-entering Ivy League play.

The Bulldogs (12-10, 2-2 Ivy) will be hosting a pair of doubleheaders this weekend — against Princeton (7-17, 4-0 Ivy) on Saturday and against Cornell (16-6, 3-1 Ivy) on Sunday.

Pitching has been a strong note for the Bulldogs of late — KR Ling ’10 has a low 1.21 ERA and teammate Kayla Kuretich ’10 leads team with her 0.95 ERA and 5-2 pitching record.

The team has also had strong offensive statistics — six Bulldogs have batting averages above 0.290 with Ashley Sloan ’10 leading the team with a .397 average — but Yale has struggled with stringing together hits. In recent games, Yale has left opportunities uncapitalized as players have been stranded on base.

“Things just haven’t fallen into place — everybody’s been stepping up, but we just really need to work as a team,” catcher Katie Edwards ’09 explained.

The Tigers and the Big Red enter play this weekend on win streaks, coming to New Haven hoping to repeat last year’s performances against Yale, when both teams beat the Bulldogs four times each.

Despite the fact that Princeton and Cornell are in the other league division, beating the Tigers and Big Red would increase the Bulldogs’ overall record. Having the highest record in the division — North or South — will determine who has a place at the Ivy League Championships.

“We know what’s on the line — our goal is no smaller than making it to Ivy Champs and winning,” Kuretich said. “This weekend’s going to be a really big test for us.”