The number four seemed to be the theme for the men’s and women’s swimming teams this weekend.

The men finished the ECAC Championships in fourth place Sunday, while the women also finished fourth in the Ivy League Championships which concluded the day before. While the Bulldogs wrapped up the Ivy tournament, another group of Eli women competed in the ECAC Championships in Pittsburgh, Pa., finishing tenth with 140 points.

Nicole Swaney ’08, Kristin Darwin ’11, Angela Yu ’11 and Katelyn Kane ’08 earned the Elis 22 points with their eighth-place finish in the 400-yard free relay in Pittsburgh. Just a little up north in Princeton, N.J., Ileana Lucos ’11, Andrea Clifford ’10, Becca Stern ’11 and Alexis Mann ’09 finished up Ancient Eight competition with a fourth-place finish in the 400-yard freestyle, adding 52 points to the Bulldogs’ 986 overall points in the championships Saturday.

The Eli men completed the three-day ECAC tournament in Pittsburgh, Pa., with 353 points. Sunday, Paolo Benvenuto ’09, Jerrold Lee ’11 and Reid Madden ’08 earned third, fifth and eighth place finishes, respectively, in the 1650 freestyle for the Bulldogs. To wrap up the competition, the Bulldogs won yet another fourth-place finish in the 400-yard freestyle with the team of Gjorgji Gjeorgjievski ’08, Jonathan Taylor ’10, Colin McCarthy ’10 and Lugar Choi ’11 bringing in 30 points.

YALE DAILY NEWS