There’s no better way to rebound from a tough loss than with a convincing victory the next time around. And, this weekend, the women’s squash team did just that.

Coming off a loss to then-No. 1 Princeton (7-1, 5-1 Ivy), the Bulldogs (10-2, 3-2 Ivy) went to Providence on Saturday and blew out No. 7 Brown (6-7, 1-5 Ivy), 8-1.

“We’re really happy to take care of business.” Sarah Toomey ’11 said. “It’s nice to go into another venue and win.”

The Elis won seven of their eight matches by a score of 3-0. Logan Greer ’11 lost a grand total of two points — 9-0, 9-2, 9-0 — to Charlotte Steel in the No. 2 spot, while fellow freshman Caroline Reigeluth dropped just one — 9-0, 9-1, 9-0 — to Sophie Scherl in the No. 5 match up.

The Bulldogs’ lone loss on the day came in the No. 7 battle. Brown’s Lily Cohen defeated Sarah Barenbaum ’08 in a tight contest, 3-2. After alternating victories the first four games, Cohen came out on top with a 9-3 win in the fifth game.

The Yale victory improves its record against those outside the top two in the nation to a perfect 10-0 and pushed them over .500 in the Ivy League.

But after losing twice to conference foes, the Elis find themselves outside of the conference title race. That, coupled with the fact that the Bulldogs are virtually guaranteed a spot in the Howe Cup national tournament later this month, means the Bulldogs are fighting the temptation of a letdown. But the players refuse to allow one.

“It’s always a concern, but we just have to stay focused,” Toomey explained. “Every team we play is a good team and we can’t take any match lightly.”

Next on the plate for the Bulldogs is a Wednesday night showdown at the friendly confines of the Brady Squash Center against Ivy rival Harvard (5-3, 3-2 Ivy). The Crimson — the No. 3-ranked team in the nation — has hit a wall after starting the season unblemished through five matches. Beginning with a 7-2 loss to No. 4 Trinity, Harvard has lost three consecutive matches. The Trinity loss was followed by losses to No. 1 Penn (13-0, 6-0) and Princeton over the weekend.

“Last time we played [Harvard] at home, for the Ivy League title [in 2006], we lost 5-4, so we’re really antsy to play them and avenge that loss,” Tara Wadhwa ‘09 admitted.

The action begins at 5 p.m. on Wednesday evening.