Less than 24 hours before the polls open on Super Tuesday, Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Hillary Clinton LAW ’73 will be returning to her alma mater for a roundtable discussion at the Yale Child Study Center at 9:30 on Monday morning, the News has learned.

A Clinton campaign representative confirmed the details of the event, which will be closed to the public but open to the press.

The visit comes on the heels of a sudden burst of candidate interest in Connecticut, which has become a competitive state according to recent polls that show Clinton and Sen. Barack Obama neck-and-neck. Hours later, Obama will be holding a “Stand for Change” rally at the XL Center in Hartford with Sen. Ted Kennedy and Caroline Kennedy, the daughter of John F. Kennedy, at 5:30 p.m. Free buses will leave at 3 p.m. from Grove Street, between Church and Temple Streets., and will return at approximately 7:45 p.m.

But alas, the candidates will not cross paths: Clinton is scheduled to be in Massachusetts by 11:30 a.m.

Earlier today, Sen. John McCain — who is leading Gov. Mitt Romney in Connecticut polls — visited Sacred Heart University in Fairfield for a rally. And in a last-minute move, Sen. John Kerry ’66 came to the Elm City this afternoon to speak to Obama canvassers at the home of New Haven Public Schools Superintendent Reggie Mayo, after a similar stop in Bridgeport.

A receptionist at the Child Study Center said no officials were available to comment over the weekend.

YALE DAILY NEWS