The women’s basketball team returns home on Saturday for the first time since Jan. 6. The Bulldogs are 2-3 at home on the season and will look to continue their march toward an Ivy League title with a win against Brown.

The Elis defeated the Bears 52-45 last Saturday in Providence in a dramatic comeback victory that saw that Bulldogs rally from 12 points down in the second half. Free throws fueled the comeback as the Bulldogs took advantage of a Bears team in foul trouble for most of the second half. Such tactics were necessary as the Eli shooters struggled from the field, putting up what amounted to their worst shooting performance on the season.

The status of starting point guard Stephanie Marciano ’08 will be a story to watch for Saturday’s game. Marciano went down with a rib injury in the first half in the game against Brown and missed last Tuesday’s game against Massachusetts. Several players have described how Marciano is the emotional leader of the team, so her possible absence or ability to play will be noteworthy to watch.

“Right now, we are not sure if Steph is going to play or not,” forward Mady Gobrecht ’11 said.

The Bulldogs will again lean on leading scorer and forward Melissa Colborne ’10, who scored 17 points against Brown last Saturday. The Elis will need to turn their defensive focus to Bears guard Sadiea Williams, who scored 11 points against the Bulldogs.

—Robert Kruse