To the Editor:

Harvard University has Professor George J. Borgas, who has been called “America’s leading immigration economist” by the Wall Street Journal. He was the subject of a cover story in the New York Times Magazine. Not to mention, Harvard’s Samuel P. Huntington’s monumental work The Clash of Civilizations, which takes a hard look at immigration of the third world into the first world and multiculturalism.

Americans now have 20 million illegally in this country. They wave their Mexican flags. They demand Spanish be taught in our schools. And they carry their signs, “White Racists, This Is Our Continent” and “White Racists Go Back to Europe.”

This is not immigration; it is not assimilation; it is not becoming an American citizen; it is not a desire to assimilate. It is a take-over. Each illegal is a foot solider in this Reconquista army.

It is a take-over promoted by the Mexican government under their policy of Reconquista to put the Southwestern states under Mexican control (Aztlan) by mass migration. It is working. It is a war of demographics.

La Raza (the race), MEChA and other Mexican organizations make their purpose very clear. “We have got to eliminate the gringo, and what I mean by that is if the worst comes to the worst, we have got to kill him. … We are the future of America. Unlike any prior generation, we now have the critical mass. We’re going to Latinize this country,” said Jose Angel Gutierrez, political science professor and former head of the Mexican-American Studies Center at the University of Texas, Arlington, founder of La Raza.

Given these circumstances, what does Yale University have?

First, it has President George W. Bush ’68, who has willfully subverted the laws of the United States to allow an uninterrupted flow of Mexicans and other Latinos come across the Mexican border for eight years. Yale has produced the first Mexican president of the United States, who is more concerned with advancing the fortunes of Mexican citizens than protecting the lives of American citizens.

Second, it has professor Michael Wishnie, clinical professor of law at Yale Law School. He is the legal mastermind behind the New Haven ID card. He has aided and abetted the Mexican invasion and violated immigration law. U.S. laws prohibit any act that “encourages or induces an alien to come to, enter, or reside in the United States.”

Yale University, its professors and its students prattle such claptrap as “undocumented workers,” “no one is illegal” and “they are here, and we can’t deport them.”

Once again Harvard University has shown its clear superiority in producing first rate, hard-thinking that shows the economic, demogratic, ecological, social and political cause and effect of our immigration policies. Harvard has scholars who can think.

Yale has scholars who don’t think. They empathize. As a result, Yale University is what it is: a third rate institution mired in its delusional salad days of campus protests of the 1960s.

Paul Streitz

Dec. 3

Streitz is the co-director of CT Citizens for Immigration Control.