Andromahi “Mahi” Trivellas ’11, who was the victim of a hit-and-run accident on the corner of York and Elm streets about two weeks ago, has been discharged from Yale-New Haven Hospital.

In a phone interview with the News Monday evening, Trivellas said she was released from the hospital Saturday, although a hospital spokesperson declined to confirm specific discharge information.

The Branford freshman said she is taking the rest of the semester off to recover at her Chadds Ford, Pa. home. She said she is likely to make a full recovery, barring unexpected circumstances.

Trivellas, who said she has no recollection of the hit-and-run or the events leading up to it, said she incurred four skull fractures, fractured vertebrae and a concussion from the incident. She can walk, she said, but is not yet allowed to run or exercise.

Doctors recommended that she return to the University for the spring semester, Trivellas said.

Following the accident, Trivellas was rushed to the hospital in critical condition and was admitted for 14 days, during which time her condition improved from critical to serious, but stable, and then fair.

Despite the attention the Oct. 14 hit-and-run has received from both the Yale community and the local media, Trivellas said she has remained optimistic about her health and thankful for the support she has received.

“I really appreciate the support of everyone from Yale University — my team, professors, my friends, University Health Services, too — my high school, and my hometown,” Trivellas said.

On Oct. 18, a vehicle taken into New Haven Police Department custody under suspicion of being involved in the accident was released after an investigation revealed it was not the car that hit Trivellas. Police continue to question eyewitnesses and investigate video surveillance tapes collected from businesses near the intersection, City Hall spokeswoman Jessica Mayorga said.

But Mayorga said there have been no new developments in the investigation.

Early Oct. 21, a vehicle struck a pedestrian trying to enter his car outside Toad’s Place. Several days before, a graduate student was the victim of a hit-and-run at the same corner. The student sustained minor, non-life threatening injuries.