3:35 p.m.  Who needs a passing game? The Bulldogs have picked up over 400 yards on the ground and have 500 yards of total offense on the day. The 419 yards are a season high for the Bulldogs, eclipsing the 412 rushing yards the Elis picked up against Holy Cross.

Yale starts 5-0 for the first time since 1981, when the Bulldogs shared the Ivy League title with Dartmouth.

3:30 p.m. Closing Time: With the game pretty much decided, McLeod has taken a seat as Jordan Farrell has gotten the bulk of the carries this drive. The Bulldogs have another 4:00 to go before recording their fifth straight victory.

This is the perfect time for everyone’s favorite fullback Joe Fuccillo to improve on that 1.0 yards per carry.

3:27 p.m. Draw on third down: Andy Coen is playing four down football, calling for a draw on 3rd and ten in an attempt to shorten the field. Unfortunately, a quick screen pass from Threatt to Fitzpatrick came up two yards short of the first down. The Bulldog defense hasn’t given up a single point since Lehigh’s touchdown in the first quarter.

3:25 p.m. A Ground Threatt: Threatt is showing his dual-threat ability as he’s scrambled for two huge gains while driving the Mountain Hawks down the field to the Yale 29-yard line. Threatt may have to keep picking up the yards himself as his wide receivers are continuing to drop everything thrown at them.

3:21 p.m. Everything working: Alan Kimball boomed in a huge 38-yard field goal, pushing the Bulldog lead to 23-7 with 7:39 left in the game. Although Sedale Threatt has already thrown three interceptions, he has enough talent to make this game interesting as the Mountain Hawks are still only down by two possessions. The Elis struggled with the no-huddle offense that the Mountain Hawks used towards the end of the first half and we’ll see whether Lehigh goes back to that look with time starting to run out on the Mountain Hawks.

3:17 p.m. Unexpected opportunity: With the Bulldogs only up by 13 points, McLeod is staying on the field longer than he has in the Elis’ past three games, all of which were blowouts. As a team, the Bulldogs have rushed for over 350 yards and show no sign of stopping as the Eli offensive line is physically dominating the Mountain Hawks in the trenches.

3:13 p.m. All-time record: With over 260 yards on the day, McLeod broke his own record for most rushing yards in a single game that he set two weeks ago against Holy Cross. Incredibly, McLeod needs only 16 more yards to break 1000 for the season.

3:09 p.m. Getting cute: The Mountain Hawks again gambled on fourth down, this time from the Yale 32-yard line. Although Brady Hart came up with an interception, he quickly drew the ire of head coach Jack Siedlecki after attempting to lateral the ball and drawing a penalty for an illegal forward lateral.

3:01 p.m. Gamble pays off: With the game threatening to get away, Lehigh head coach Andy Coen decided to go for it on 4th and 1 from the Yale 35-yard line. A good surge by the Mountain Hawk offensive line gave Lehigh just enough for the first down.

2:59 p.m. Big Target: Senior Mountain Hawk wide receiver Pete Donchez came up with his second big reception on the day. Donchez has prototypical wide receiver side, standing 6’4″ at 210 pounds.

2:57 p.m. No help for Threatt: The Mountain Hawks aren’t doing their quarterback any favors as wide receiver Sekou Yansane dropped a beautiful pass by Threatt that could have been a 50-yard gain. Earlier in the day, junior wideout Mike Fitzgerald couldn’t hang on to a would-be touchdown pass.

2:54 p.m. Penalties galore: The Bulldogs are uncharacteristically collecting their fair share of yellow flags today. The Elis have already drawn seven penalties with more than a quarter left to play. The latest penalty, a ten-yard holding call, wiped out a first-down scramble by Polhemus.

2:52 p.m. Another blowout in the works? An interception by Jay Pilkerton puts the Bulldogs in Mountain Hawk territory. If the Elis score again, Lehigh will have a hard time keeping this from turning into a rout.

2:48 p.m. Dominant: On his last two carries, McLeod picked up 93 yards. In comparison, the Mountain Hawks have combined for 38 rushing yards on the day.

2:45 p.m. “That was Brett Favre-like.” The Lehigh play-by-play announcers are heaping heavy praise on Polhemus after the senior quarterback avoided heavy pressure and managed to throw the ball away with a Mountain Hawk defender draped all over him. Polhemus’s ability to avoid a sack kept the Bulldogs within field-goal range, allowing them to stretch their lead to 20-7 on Alan Kimball’s second field goal of the day.

2:42 p.m. Can’t bring him down: McLeod busted another big run on the Mountain Hawk defense, picking up another 35 yards to bring the Bulldogs to the Lehigh 31-yard line. The Bulldogs have consistently dominated their opponents in the second half this season largely due to their superior conditioning. This game doesn’t look like it’s going to be any different as the Mountain Hawk defense is really struggling to stop the Bulldog rushing attack. The Elis are quickly making up for a lackluster performance in the first half and have scored 17 straight points.

2:38 p.m. Close escape: Mountain Hawk quarterback Sedale Threatt was almost dropped for a 20-yard loss by Bulldog captain Brandt Hollander but managed to throw the ball away as he was being brought down. The Bulldogs forced another three and out after an incomplete pass on the next play.

2:33 p.m. Running away with it: Mike McLeod burst through a huge hole on the left side and then headed off to the races, scoring on a career-long 55-yard scamper to put the Elis up 17-6. With more than ten minutes left in the third quarter, McLeod already has more than 180 yards rushing.

2:31 p.m. Mistakes on the other end: A personal foul on the Mountain Hawks wiped out a sack, allowing the Bulldogs to march to their 45-yard line. The penalty effectively cost Lehigh 30 yards in field position.

2:01 p.m. False starts: The Bulldogs continue to make uncharacteristic mistakes, this time a 5-yard false start penalty that cost the Elis valuable field position. Although Polhemus completed a 14-yard pass to John Sheffield ’10, the Bulldogs were unable to stop the clock before time expired. The Elis enter the half with a 10-7 lead.

1:58 p.m. Bulldogs on the move: With only :19 left in the first half, the Elis are on the Mountain Hawk 39-yard line. The Bulldogs will need another 10 or 15 yards to give kicker Alan Kimball a realistic chance to put another three points on the board.

1:55 p.m. Galvez, Galvez, Galvez: Sophomore running back Ricky Galvez has given the Elis a huge big-play threat off the bench. Galvez busted a 35-yard carry with the Elis backed up near their own endzone, putting an impressive spin move on a would-be Mountain Hawk tackler. Galvez has 220 yards and two touchdowns on the year.

1:52 p.m. Steve Santoro for Heisman: Mountain Hawk quarterback Sedale Threatt found wide receiver Pete Donchez for a huge gain down the sideline but was picked off by Santoro on the 5-yard line on the next play. Santoro has made a habit of coming up with timely interceptions and was facetiously nominated for the Heisman by departed wide receiver Ashley Wright ’07 at the beginning of the year.

It’ll be interesting to see whether the Bulldogs will attempt to extend their lead or just burn the clock with less than two minutes left in the half.

1:48 p.m. Missed opportunity: Despite having a rushing attack averaging 5.6 yards per carry, the Bulldogs threw three straight incompletions and were forced to punt the ball with 2:00 left on the clock, giving the Mountain Hawks ample time to tie the game heading into the second half. Polhemus is only averaging 3.7 yards per attempt on the day.

1:44 p.m. Sloppy, sloppy: The Bulldogs avoided another costly mistake as defensive back Travis Henry ’10 picked up a fumble by Reid Lathan ’10 on the punt. Although the Elis have outgained the Mountain Hawks 189-83 and have a ten-minute advantage in time of possession, Lehigh trails by only a field goal. Another untimely turnover and the Elis could find themselves trailing again despite dominating the Mountain Hawks in every statistical category.

1:40 p.m. Kankam can run: An injury to Mountain Hawk running back Josh Pastore has catapulted freshman tailback Kwesi Kankam into the Lehigh starting lineup. Despite a meager 3.3 yards per carry average, the freshman has accounted for 44% of all Lehigh offensive touches.

1:35 p.m. That’s more like it: McLeod made up for his costly fumble in the first quarter with a beautiful 16-yard touchdown run behind great blocking from Jeff Monaco ’08. The touchdown was McLeod’s 14th of the season and 39th of his career. The stud running back already has 120 yards rushing halfway through the second quarter.

1:33 p.m. Denny-Brown coming up big: After failing to record a catch during last week’s 50-10 rout of Dartmouth, the senior wide receiver already has three receptions on the day. On 3rd down from the Yale 46-yard line, Denny-Brown came back to catch an underthrown pass by Polhemus for an 11-yard gain. DB added another 16-yard reception later in the drive.

1:30 p.m. Meet Joe Fuccillo: After recording his first career touchdown last week, Fuccillo was needled by Siedlecki who said the fullback’s 1.0 yards per carry was the reason he didn’t get the ball more often. Despite the joking, Fuccillo came up big again today with a clutch five-yard catch on 3rd and 2 at the Lehigh 41-yard line, keeping the Bulldog drive alive.

1:22 p.m. Right through the hands: A dropped pass by a Mountain Hawk wide receiver cost Lehigh the opportunity to stretch their lead to 14-3. Lehigh quarterback Sedale Threatt avoided a heavy Bulldog rush and found his target streaking down midfield with nothing between him and the endzone but the wideout wasn’t able to haul in the catch.

1:16 p.m. “A very, very, very… different call.” The play-by-play announcers didn’t seem to like head coach Jack Siedlecki’s decision to run a draw on 3rd and goal from the 7-yard line. The conservative play-call put the Elis on the board, but you have to question the choice not to attack the endzone, especially when you have a quarterback like Polhemus who generally doesn’t make poor decisions with the football.

1:13 p.m. Mistakes costing the Bulldogs: A holding penalty wiped out a touchdown scramble by Polhemus as the Elis committed their second costly mistake inside the 5-yard line. With a tough second and goal from the 14-yard line, the Bulldogs will have a hard time getting into the Mountain Hawk endzone.

1:08 p.m. Almost another one: The Bulldogs came ridiculously close to committing their second turnover in Lehigh territory as Polhemus’s pass was almost intercepted by the Mountain Hawk defense. McLeod seems to be running with a vengeance on this drive to make up for the early fumble. The junior tailback already has over 80 yards on the day.

1:03 p.m. Play-action doing wonders: The Mountain Hawks are unsurprisingly biting on the play-action to McLeod, opening up the field for Polhemus. The senior quarterback rushed for a huge 30-yard gain and completed a 14-yard pass to Chris Denny-Brown ’08, both off the play-action.

1:00 p.m. Touchdown: A quarterback sneak by Sedale Threatt gives the Mountain Hawk an early 7-0 lead. This is the first time all season that the Bulldogs have trailed. The Elis have looked really flat since that early fumble and will have to pick up the intensity if they want to put up some points on this drive.

12:55 p.m. And we’re live: Halfway through the first quarter, the Bulldogs look a little rusty as the Lehigh Mountain Hawks are threatening inside the Eli 20-yard line. After a solid drive on their first possession, the Bulldogs came up empty as Mike McLeod ’09 uncharacteristically fumbled the ball at the Lehigh five-yard line.