Stand-up comedian and “Daily Show” contributor Lewis Black DRA ’77 will perform in Woolsey Hall next February, Yale College Council Vice President Steve Engler ’07 said on Tuesday.

Black will be coming to Yale in February because scheduling conflicts prevented him from performing on Oct. 12, when the Fall Show had been scheduled to take place. To replace the Fall Show, the YSAC has introduced several new campus-wide activities this year, including a chicken-wing eating contest during the Yale-Princeton football game and a “Mr. Yale” beauty pageant.

YCC Secretary Zach Marks ’09 said Black’s national profile and connections to Yale made him an attractive choice for the Fall Show’s comedy act.

“Lewis Black is a pretty big name right now,” he said. “But the really big thing is his ties to Yale. He’s excited to come here, and I think students are going to be excited to go see him perform.”

Black, whose “Back in Black” segment has been airing on “The Daily Show” since 1996, is the longest-serving member of the show’s cast. The segment provides satirical reporting on news stories that he says “fall through the cracks.” Black has also appeared in numerous movies, including the recent “Man of the Year,” and is the author of the autobiographical “Nothing’s Sacred.”

Please check Wednesday’s edition of the Yale Daily News for more complete coverage.