With the recent addition of several restaurants, Temple Street boasts an expanding variety of dining options for Yalies and yearlong New Haven residents alike.

Temple Street’s new gastronomic offerings already include Katz’s Deli and La Casita Mexican Grill and soon will be joined by Barcelona Restaurant and Wine Bar.

Mark McKinley, proprietor of Katz’s Deli, which opened on the corner of Temple and George streets on Sept. 5, said he is confident that the deli will prosper in its strategic locale.

“I know we’re going to do well,” he said. “[Business has] been insane.”

Sonny Dsai, owner of Temple Street’s eight-week-old La Casita Mexican Grill, said he hopes to offer food “done right.” La Casita boasts a trendy yet comfortable bar, a seasoned chef preparing a variety of Mexican dishes and the promise of a basement arcade and live entertainment.

“We’ve got something everyone will love,” Dsai said.

Due to open soon, the exotic Barcelona Restaurant and Wine Bar will add to the already diverse selection on Temple Street dishes in the Spanish and Mediterranean tradition, such as chorizo with sweet and sour figs, albondigas soup, boquerones (an anchovy tapas dish) and paillard.

McKinley said Katz’s is a unique addition to the Temple Street neighborhood. In a reference to Criterion Cinemas, located across the street, the menu includes dishes named for film greats, a feature that McKinley said is only a preview of an ongoing theme he hopes to develop.

“We’re going to try to do Woody Allen deli nights, little box lunches with hot knishes, and mimosa brunches with ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’ on the big screen,” McKinley said.

Katz’s also employs a team of employees in “Urban Assault Vehicles” to deliver food until 11 p.m. daily.

Temple Street, with its fusion of past, present and future, recalls memories of home while offering modern dining and the promise of culinary expansion.

“There’s so much potential here,” McKinley said. “Temple Street’s on fire.”