CRYSTI HOWSER ’09: A year ago, Crysti Howser ’09 was hanging up her cleats for the last time at New Trier High School in Wilmette, Ill. Little did anyone know that just a year later the speedy center midfielder would be the anchor of the league’s most potent offense, third in points in the entire Ancient Eight, and the Ivy League Rookie of the Year. As star member of the Elis’ pack of freshman whiz kids that also includes second-team All-Ivy Emma Whitfield ’09 and All-Ivy honorable-mention Natasha Mann ’09, Howser burst onto the scene with a pair of goals in Yale’s first meeting with Central Connecticut and never looked back. She leads the team with eight goals and is tied for the team lead in assists with five.

CHRISTINA HUANG ’07: In a team where the Elis’ explosive offense and rock-solid defense competed for top accolades, Huang was a central force on both sides. The crafty junior has turned heads with crisp footwork and dazzling quickness around the midfield and was named to her third straight first-team All-Ivy squad yesterday. Despite her contributions to a defense that allowed only 10 goals all year, her most memorable moment this season may have been a gutsy direct kick last week against then Ivy-frontrunner Dartmouth. With the team facing elimination from the Ancient Eight race Nov. 2, Huang booted a line drive past Big Green goalie Amanda Webb that ended up making the difference in the Elis’ eventual 2-1 triumph.