The world of Ivy men’s lacrosse was full of near and not so near misses this weekend. No. 11 Cornell (7-3, 1-2 Ivy) narrowly escaped with the win Saturday afternoon against No. 19 Dartmouth (6-3, 1-1). In the meantime, No. 6 Princeton’s (7-2, 3-0) domination over Harvard (5-5, 1-3) was not exactly narrow nor an escape. That same evening, No. 10 Brown (7-3, 1-2) suffered almost as severe a beating from the unranked University of Pennsylvania (6-5, 3-3).

Cornell 12, Dartmouth 11

The Big Red honored their legendary former head coach Ned Harkness with a thrilling victory that came at the final few seconds of play at Schoellkopf Field Saturday afternoon.

With only four seconds left in regulation and the game tied at 11-11, Big Red attacker Sean Greenhalgh scooped up a saved shot four yards in front of the goal and sent the ball into the right corner for the game-winner.

The score was Greenhalgh’s third for the game, moving him into sixth place on Cornell’s all-time goal scoring list with 94. Attacker Kevin Nee and midfielder Justin Redd each also finished the day with hat tricks under their belts.

The match-up proved to be a back-and-forth contest throughout the afternoon. Dartmouth delivered the first blow 20 seconds into the game on a goal by attacker Russell Radebaugh.

Cornell returned the favor minutes later after an assist from midfielder Mike Riordion to midfielder Ian Rosenberger for the goal. Dartmouth took the lead again on a goal from the ensuing face-off. Cornell took its first lead, 3-2, on two back-to-back goals by Greenhalgh and Nee, but the Big Green hit two of its own before the quarter ended to reclaim the lead.

Cornell took over the second quarter scoring four goals and only allowing one from Dartmouth to take its largest lead of the game, 7-5, at halftime.

Big Green midfielder Ryan Danehy opened the second half with two back-to-back goals of his own to tie the game.

Nee answered back with a goal 22 seconds later to take the lead. The teams both exchanged a goal before entering the final quarter, where both teams then exchanged leads until Jamie Coffin scored the last Dartmouth goal to tie the game at 11-11.

The Big Green’s loss put a big dent in its undefeated Ivy record leaving Princeton as the only undefeated team in the Ancient Eight.

Penn 10, Brown 5

The Quakers’ put the finishing touches on their unblemished home record — Penn’s first since 1987 — this weekend at Franklin Field.

Penn took an early 3-0 lead on a goal by midfielder Patrick Rogers with 14:17 left in the first half. Brown midfielder Chris Mucciolo tallied the first of his team-high two goals with 6:28 left in the half to make it a two-point, 3-1, game.

But attackers Zandy Reich and Alex Salihi each scored a goal to send the Quakers into halftime with a 5-1 lead.

Brown opened the second half attempting to chip away the Quakers’ lead on two goals from attackers David Madeira and Alex Buckley to pull within two, 5-3, with 7:34 remaining.

The Bears would get no closer for the remainder of the match. Only seconds after Buckley’s goal, attacker Luke Dixon netted one for Penn followed by another Quaker score from midfielder P.J. Gilbert.

Mucciolo tallied his second goal just two seconds before the end of the third quarter to keep the game alive at 7-4.

In the final segment, Quaker midfielder Will Phillips dominated the opposition by scoring three consecutive goals over a 4:57 time span to increase Penn’s lead to six, 10-4.

Midfielder Britton Derkac scored the last goal for Brown to finish the match 10-5.

Bears goalie Mike Levin finished with a game-high 15 saves as Penn took 43 shots to the net.

Princeton 13, Harvard 4

The Tigers roared into action early in the contest to sink the win Saturday afternoon in front of a sold-out crowd at Jordan Field.

Princeton scored four goals on its first four shots of the opening six minutes of play. Tiger attacker Scott Sowanick scored two of his three goals for the day on that run.

The Crimson trailed 5-0 in the first quarter and did not show any signs of life until after Princeton’s seventh consecutive goal by attacker Peter Trombino. Harvard attackman Sean Kane managed to find the back of the Tigers’ net late in the second quarter. But Tiger attacker Jason Doneger responded with back-to-back goals just before the first half ended to put the Tigers in a punishing 9-1 lead.

Princeton scored another three goals in the third quarter to take its biggest lead of the game, 12-1. Harvard midfielder Jake Samuelson nabbed one in just before the close of the third and attacker Brian Mahler sunk another for the Cantabs early in the fourth, but Princeton held too big of a lead for any hope of a comeback.

Doneger led the Tigers to their 25th straight Ivy victory with four goals for the day. Trombino and midfielder Jim O’Brian each tallied two more for Princeton.

Midfielder Zach Chandis scored the fourth and final goal for Harvard.