This past Tuesday marked the announcement of the 2004 All-Ivy women’s swimming and diving teams. Eight Bulldogs, in six individual events and on two relay teams, made either the first or second team.

Paige Harazin ’04 led the way with four selections. Individually, she earned a spot on the All-Ivy first team in the 200-yard freestyle and the second team in the 200-yard individual medley. She was also a member of both of the Bulldog relays to make the cut. Both the 400-yard freestyle relay team –consisting of Meg Gill ’07, Moira McCloskey ’07, Chase Butler ’07 and Harazin– and the school record breaking 800-yard freestyle relay team –composed of Butler, McCloskey, Cristina Hession ’07 and Harazin –made the All-Ivy second team.

Four other Elis earned spots in individual races. The Bulldogs swept the first team in the butterfly category, with Becca Knicely ’05 taking the spot in the 100-yard event– in which she broke the Yale record last weekend with a 55.28– and Daphna Shafir ’04 taking the first team spot in the 200-yard.

McCloskey earned the second team spot in the 200-yard backstroke, and Laura O’Brien ’04 was the second team swimmer in the 1650-yard freestyle.

The spots on both teams were given out based on performance at the Ivy League Championships, held last weekend at Harvard. Swimmers and relay teams that won events at the championship meet earned first team spots, and the runners-up took the second team spots.

Knicely, who had never made one of the All-Ivy teams previously, said she was happy for the accomplishment.

“It’s a real honor,” she said.