Remember when you were told it was unsanitary to put your mouth on the water fountain? Well, it’s time to stop feeling so guilty.

Custodians in William L. Harkness Hall opened the building on Oct. 28 to find nude pictures taped to the walls, Yale Police Department Lt. Michael Patten said. In the background of the pornography, custodians saw something very familiar: the rooms of WLH.

It seems that over the weekend, a woman and at least one man snuck into WLH and took pictures of themselves in various compromising positions. It is unclear if the photos depict more than one male, Patten said. There is only one photo of the woman, shot from her waist down. The men also are not identifiable in the picture, said Greg Simpson, a custodian in WLH.

Simpson said he had an especially disturbing experience after he saw one photo in particular.

“After I drank out of the water fountain — we found pictures where this guy put his stuff in the drinking fountain,” Simpson said.

The men in the pictures also placed their penises on some of the building’s doorknobs and telephones and used them to press the buttons on the elevator.

“You know, I touched those buttons without putting my gloves on,” Simpson said. “I drink out of that water fountain.”

The same day, Simpson said, a co-worker found a backpack that had been left in WLH over the weekend. When he looked in the backpack to find who the bag belonged to, he noticed another one of the pictures.

Simpson said his supervisor turned over some of the pictures and the backpack to Yale Police. He said many more pictures were thrown out and that he kept copies of some pictures “for protection.”

A young man came to WLH about five times looking for the backpack but was not told police had it, Simpson said. After the police were finished with the bag, it was given back to the man.

“The kid was panicked,” Simpson said. “[He] was very upset that he lost it.”

It is not clear if Yale students are depicted in the photos. The case is still under investigation, Patten said.

Man seeks woman: likes reading, long walks, holding hands

James Peterson, 41, of Newburgh, N.Y., is a big believer in persistence.

On Oct. 27 at about 9:00 p.m., Peterson approached a female Yale student in Cross Campus Library.

“[Peterson] says he’d like to get to know her a little better,” Patten said.

The student tried to leave, Patten said, and Peterson grabbed her by the wrist. She managed to break free from his grip, ran out of the library and called the police.

Even after the incident, Peterson did not leave CCL. Police found him there and arrested him for unlawful restraint in the second degree and breach of the peace in the second degree.

Bulldog barely bruised by BB

On Nov. 6, at about 7:14 p.m., three students were walking down Elm Street near High Street.

“They heard a couple of pops, and they got hit by projectiles,” Patten said.

Patten said it is unclear if the projectiles were from a BB gun, a pellet gun, or a modified paintball gun. The shots may have come from a passing car, he said.

One of the students received a small red bruise from the attack. Patten said the other two students were unharmed.

No arrests have been made in the case. Those involved in the incident are wanted by police for assault with a dangerous weapon.