“Hi, my name is Armando,” the man said, outstretching his hand.

It sounds like a friendly greeting, but the female Yale student who heard it on Oct. 21 was less than pleased. It may have had something to do with the fact that the man was trying to do something other than just shake her hand.

“The guy grabbed her by the bottom,” Yale police Lt. Michael Patten said.

The incident occurred at 10:56 p.m. as the woman was walking on York Street past the Art and Architecture building, Patten said.

The man fled the scene when the woman said she would call the police. He is wanted by University police for sexual contact.

Another hopeless romantic

On Oct. 17, at 9:46 a.m., two female Yale employees were walking past the intersection at Cedar Street and Washington Avenue. When they reached the intersection, a man yelled at them from a parked car.

“Excuse me,” he said.

When they looked over at the car, the man inside exposed himself, Patten said.

The women, who apparently decided not to excuse him, called Yale Police. The man is wanted by police for public indecency.

Patten described the man as Hispanic, about 25 years old, with a chubby face and stocky build. The car was described by the witnesses as a small blue or green compact, possibly a Honda.

Green thumb caught red handed

As a Yale student, Justin Hall GRD ’07 devotes his time to the study of chemistry. However, according to New Haven Police, Hall has extracurricular interests in biology as well.

On Oct. 20, New Haven firefighters were called to Hall’s Ninth Square apartment to investigate a fire, New Haven Police spokeswoman Bonnie Winchester said in an e-mail. When the firefighters arrived, Winchester said, they discovered heat lamps and marijuana plants that Hall was growing.

The firefighters informed New Haven Police, who came and arrested Hall. He is charged with cultivation of marijuana, Winchester said.

Hall could not be reached for comment Monday night.

Faceplant

A fight on Oct. 22 resulted in Brandon Bopko, 22, of Naugatuck, Conn. being charged with assault with a dangerous weapon in the second degree. His weapon of choice, according to police: a skateboard.

Bopko was leaving a bar on George Street at 1:10 a.m. when he had a confrontation with Thomas Barnes, 23, of New Haven and Jared Parker, 22, of Waterbury. During the fight, Bopko hit Barnes in the head with a skateboard, Patten said.

“Hey, you can’t make this stuff up,” Patten said.

Barnes sustained only minor injuries in his assault with the “dangerous weapon.” All three men were arrested in connection with the incident. Barnes and Parker were arrested for breach of the peace in the second degree.

D-port lamps d-molished

While Pierson College is being professionally torn apart next door, two men decided to take the deconstruction of Davenport into their own hands Saturday night.

At around midnight, Michael Brunjes, 20, and Brian Stahl, 20, both of Coran, N.Y., allegedly damaged ten lampposts and light fixtures in the Davenport courtyard, Patten said. The glass in the lamps was broken when one of the men punched them with his fist, he said.

University police were called and at 2 a.m. the men were arrested for criminal mischief in the first degree and criminal trespass, Patten said.