By Sunday, the women’s golf team is hoping it will be Ivy League Champion for the second consecutive year.

This year’s Ivy League Championship is at the Ridgewood Country Club in Paramus, N.J. The 5,938-yard par-72 course was the site of the 2001 PGA Senior Championship and is considered one of the 100 most difficult golf courses in the United States.

Two returning members of Yale’s championship lineup last spring, Jordanna Davis ’03 and Stephanie Wei ’03, finished in the top 15 last year with solid play throughout the tournament. Jeehae Lee ’06 was Yale’s top finisher at its most recent tournament, the Bonnie Hoover Invitational, with a 14 over par.

Before the Bulldogs can bask in Ivy League glory, they must outshoot archrival Princeton and stop Brown from sneaking into first place. At its last tournament, Princeton finished one spot ahead of Yale by only three strokes.

Sophomore Avery Kiser will lead the Tigers this weekend. Last year, Kiser won the Ivy League title by 10 strokes as a rookie. But Princeton lacks team depth. Brown is currently on a roll with two first-place finishes at the Bucknell Lady Bison Invitational and the Brown Spring Invitational.

While crummy weather prevented Yale from practicing on the course throughout the season, the recent weather has allowed the Bulldogs to brush up for their showdown. At the Louisiana State Invitational, thunderstorms caused the Elis to lose focus and momentum during the second round. With a forecast of showers this weekend, the team must remain focused.

“Every girl on the course will get equally cold, equally wet, and will have to play on an equally soggy course,” Davis said. “We just need to be the team that is least mentally affected by the weather.”

Although Princeton is situated near the Ridgewood course, the Tigers should have no edge. Coach Mary Moan, a former Princeton golf player, said Ivy League regulations prohibit any team from playing on the championship course during the year.

“I have played the course before, and I can say that it plays to our strengths,” Moan said. “We tend to play well on difficult golf courses, Yale being one of the most difficult, so we will be comfortable with the course layout and setup, because we practice on a similar layout and setup every day.”