While most Ivy League students spent two weeks relaxing during spring break, men’s lacrosse teams hit full stride, playing several games each.

Nationally ranked No. 3 Princeton continued its grueling start to the season, playing three ranked teams and defeating two of them. No. 14 Cornell won four games, knocking off Yale but losing to Hofstra. Pennsylvania and Dartmouth struggled to break into the top 20, and each lost to its toughest opponent over spring break.

Virginia 10, Princeton 7

After losing to Johns Hopkins earlier in March, Princeton (2-2, 0-0 Ivy) continued to meet staunch competitors, taking on then-No.1 Virginia March 8.

The Tigers played without their star and captain, junior Ryan Boyle, who was suspended for violating a team rule. Without Boyle, goalie Julian Gould’s 11 saves were not enough to seal a win.

For the second consecutive year, the Tigers opened their season with losses to the Blue Jays and the Cavaliers.

Hofstra 13, Cornell 5

Cornell (4-2, 1-0 Ivy) suffered a disappointing loss to then-No. 18 Hofstra March 10.

From the outset, the Pride dominated, outshooting the Big Red and accumulating a 3-0 lead after 15 minutes. By the end of the first half, Cornell was in an 8-1 hole. Mike Morrison notched two goals for the Big Red, including a point in the third quarter narrowed the deficit to 10-4.

Although they came out empty against Hofstra, the Red were victorious against Colgate, Canisius, Yale and Penn State in March competition.

Pennsylvania 13, Army 8

Penn (4-2, 1-0 Ivy) bounced back from a loss to top-ranked Johns Hopkins by defeating Mount St. Mary’s and then, on March 15, surprising then-No. 18 Army.

The 14-5 loss to the Blue Jays offered few bright spots for Penn. But the Quakers turned on their offense against Army, who rode a four-game winning streak into the Saturday game. Jake Martin and Will Phillips combined to score seven goals against the Cadets.

Penn later defeated Harvard in the first Ivy League game for either squad March 22.

Princeton 11, Syracuse 10

Leaving behind their two opening losses, the Tigers topped Hofstra, then faced No. 5 Syracuse at the Carrier Dome in central New York.

Princeton fell behind by four goals in the third period but came back with five straight scores to lead 9-8. After senior Brad Dumont scored the game winner with 2:55 to play in the fourth quarter, Gould had to make a spectacular save at the buzzer to ice the win.

UMBC 14, Dartmouth 7

Dartmouth (5-1, 0-0 Ivy) began its season with four straight wins, but the Big Green finally took a loss against the University of Maryland-Baltimore County.

No. 17 UMBC went on a 5-0 run in the first half and went ahead 6-3 at halftime. The Retrievers threatened to steal the game several times, but Dartmouth stayed within a four-goal margin through much of the fourth quarter.

Jamie Coffin and Ben Grinnell each scored two goals for Dartmouth, who grabbed a win against Sacred Heart later in the month.