Darryl Delia will be the interim head coach of the men’s lacrosse team and Jon Reese ’90 will be the interim associate head coach, Yale Athletics Director Tom Beckett will announce today.

The announcement follows former head coach Mike Waldvogel’s resignation on Jan. 30, after 22 years with the program.

Since Waldvogel left the team on Jan. 14, the Athletics Department has conducted an investigation into whether or not there were violations of University and Athletics Department recruiting policies during Waldvogel’s tenure.

“We have completed our investigation,” Beckett said. “It’s an internal investigation and the results are not available to the public.”

Although Beckett would not reveal the results of the investigation, he did say that there was no violation of any NCAA or Ivy League regulations.

“{The investigation] deals with an issue that has been brought to our attention during this academic year,” Beckett said.

Beckett would not elaborate on the issue that was under investigation.

Waldvogel refused to comment on his resignation or the investigation.

Both of the newly named interim coaches have experience with the Yale men’s lacrosse program whether it is in a playing or coaching capacity.

Delia was Yale’s top assistant coach and recruiting coordinator for the last five years. Since Delia took over the offense in 2002, the Bulldogs have averaged 7.15 goals per game, placing the Elis 13th in Division I. Yale also ranked sixth in extra-man offense and was eighth in assists last spring, finishing second in the Ivy League with a 9-4 record.

“The loyalty that we feel for coach Delia is real strong,” captain Mike Scaglione ’03 said. “As unfortunate as it is for us to lose coach Waldvogel, we are fully behind coach Delia.”

Reese is one of the most prolific players in Yale lacrosse history. Reese is the Bulldogs’ all-time leader in points and goals. He also won four varsity lacrosse letters while at Yale.

In 1990, Reese scored an NCAA record 82 goals and led the Bulldogs to the NCAA semifinals.

“When you read the recordbooks, there’s really one guy [Reese] whom everyone’s chasing after,” Scaglione said. “He’s a great player and a winner. He simply knows how to win and that knowledge is invaluable.”

For his successes in 1990, Reese was named New England and Ivy League Player of the Year.

“After losing both our head coach and our goalie, he [Reese] is going to bring back the intensity that we need,” Scaglione said. “His heart and his toughness is going to infiltrate the team. Coach Reese and coach Delia are going to form a strong coaching staff for us this season.”