The women’s hockey team looked like two different teams this weekend.

The Bulldogs (6-13-2, 1-6-0 ECAC, 1-3 Ivy) were utterly blasted by nationally ranked No. 4 Dartmouth College (16-5-0, 8-2-0 ECAC, 4-1-0 Ivy) on Friday 8-0. But Yale returned to the ice on Saturday to snuff the University of Vermont (3-17-2, 0-7-1) by a 3-0 score.

Yale has yet to win consecutive games this season. The Elis have shown flashes of brilliance, with wins against Quinnipiac University and Cornell University and a tie to nationally ranked No. 9 Providence College, but have been hurt by inconsistency.

“We’ve been resilient to come back after a lopsided loss,” Nicole Symington ’05 said. “But we haven’t to be able to string together two solid games in a weekend.”

This weekend proved no different. On Friday, the Big Green skated out to a 3-0 lead in the first period and never looked back.

“We didn’t have it together at the outset of the game,” Wallis Finger ’04 said. “It took us until the third period to be ready.”

Dartmouth completely destroyed the Yale defense, outshooting the Bulldogs 62-18.

“On a different day, you might see two totally different teams out there,” Finger said. “But they were very skilled and talented.”

The Elis, who are still in search of a win against a top-ten opponent, looked to their stellar performance against Providence on Jan. 19 for inspiration. But neither the result nor the intensity on Saturday resembled that of 1-1 tie with the Friars.

“We would have liked to come out against Dartmouth like we did against Providence,” Finger said. “But we were flat and lousy.”

On Saturday, Yale bounced back to stake out an early lead and never let the Catamounts back into the game.

Deena Caplette ’06 beat Kami Cote at 4:16 in the first period for the game-winner and seven minutes later, Deanna McDevitt ’06 tallied her team-leading 10th goal of the season to secure a 2-0 lead. Erin Duggan ’05 closed out the scoring at 3:59 of the second period.

“We were just solid and buried some pucks when we need to,” Symington said.

The defense, led by goaltender, Sarah Love ’06, was rock-solid and silenced Vermont’s scoring attacks. Love recorded 25 saves for her first shut-out of her collegiate career.

Yale next travels to upstate New York to take on Colgate University and Cornell in what could be the biggest weekend of the season for the Elis, who hope to make some headway in conference standings. Yale is currently tied with Colgate for sixth in the ECAC.