College/Year: Ezra Stiles ’05

Hometown: Ashville, N.C.

Major: Undeclared

Edward Pritchett said he wants to be Yale College Council vice president so he can improve the lives of students.

“I feel that I can represent the students of this university as someone who will advocate things that will improve their quality of life on campus,” Pritchett said.

Pritchett said he plans to improve student life by making the YCC more involved with a wide cross-section of the student body

“I want to increase the activities that YCC does with students, bringing out more students to interact together,” Pritchett said. “I want to increase cross-cultural interaction via activities and dialogue.”

Pritchett said plans to major in chemical engineering. He is a member of Yale’s club wrestling team and a member of America Reads, a national organization that promotes the literacy of every American child by the time he or she is in third grade.

Pritchett represents Ezra Stiles College on the YCC and is chairman of the Activities Committee. He is also a vice president of the Ivy Council, a group that brings together students from the Ivy League colleges to discuss common issues.

Pritchett said his personality and work ethic will help him to succeed as YCC president if he is elected.

“I am very personable,” Pritchett said. “Everyone at Yale works hard, I know how to put time in where time is due. I’m a person who just likes to have fun. I am really big on activities.”

–Martha Fulford