Reflecting the administration’s attention to the pending contract negotiations for Yale’s unions, this weekend’s Yale Corporation meeting will give special attention to the labor issue.

Yale Corporation members will be on campus Thursday through Saturday for their third meeting of the academic year. The Corporation is the University’s highest policy making body, and meeting agendas are kept private.

A Yale administrative source said a component of the Corporation meeting would be “a very careful update on labor issues.” Negotiations with locals 34 and 35 will begin Wednesday.

The future of early decision admissions at Yale, the administrative source said, is unlikely to be a topic of discussion. Yale President Richard Levin is expected to wait until other schools respond before pursuing his proposal to change early decision in the Ivy League.

Talks of possible replacements for Strobe Talbott ’68, the director of the Yale Center for the Study of Globalization, are also unlikely, said the administrative source, because such talks would be premature.

In an interview this week, Levin said he is in the early stages of a search process and has been in consultation with Yale faculty. Talbott announced Jan. 24 he will leave Yale in September to become director of the Brookings Institution.

The term bill — the cost of tuition, room and board at Yale — will be decided at the meeting. In last February’s meeting, the Corporation voted to increase the term bill by 3.5 percent.

Vice President for Development Charles Pagnam said he would be making his routine report to the Corporation on fund-raising totals.

When the Corporation last convened in December, trustees were given a report of the administration’s preparations for the upcoming union negotiations. That meeting also included discussion of the renewal of the Yale Homebuyer’s Program, and fellows were updated on campus construction projects.

At the October meeting, when the Corporation usually takes its annual retreat, the trustees heard an abbreviated agenda so they could take part in the weekend’s tercentennial festivities. At the convocation that weekend, Levin announced a yearlong review of Yale’s curriculum.

Yale’s $7.5 million financial aid reform package was approved at the Corporation’s Sept. 5 meeting.

Former Baltimore Mayor Kurt Schmoke ’71 serves as Corporation senior fellow. The body does not make minutes from its meetings public until 50 years after the meeting date.