Yale’s Tercentennial ended with a bang, but the Tercentennial Office will end its labors with less fanfare.

With the yearlong celebration over, the office space at 2 Whitney Ave. will turn into the Yale Treasury Office and the Tercentennial Office’s employees will part ways.

“We’re all sad that we’re going to separate, but it’s been a good experience,” Tercentennial Office Business Manager Lisa Maloney said. “There’s a terrific group of people here. When I interviewed people, I said you’re going to work hard, but you’re going to have a lot of fun, and I think everyone has.”

Approximately 10 people worked full-time in the office with temps helping out during big weekends. Several employees are staying at Yale but others will leave the University.

Yale Secretary Linda Lorimer said there will likely be positions for those employees who want to stay at Yale. “I’m really proud of the group of people who were the staff of the Tercentennial,” Lorimer said. “They were so good that I was eager to have other departments and schools take advantage of their talents.”

She also said that, after the Tercentennial Office empties on Oct. 31, Tercentennial Director Janet Lindner will work for Vice President of Finance and Administration Bob Culver.

Maloney will be business manager at the School of Architecture

Events Coordinator Martha Anne Yandle said the office is much quieter than it was just two weeks ago.

“I’m not sure quiet is the word — maybe somber,” Yandle said.

Ticketing and Customer Service Manager Jerry Gallagher echoed Yandle’s sentiment and added that he is already thinking about the University’s quadricentennial.

“It was a real part of history we were working on,” Gallagher said. “It’s so interesting to think as I’m packing up, what people 100 years from now will think. It brings a whole other perspective to the project.”

Though there are no more fireworks or visits from former presidents planned for the near future, one of the events of the Tercentennial weekend will live on through the Women’s Faculty Forum, which held a series of conferences during the festivities entitled “Gender Matters.” The Forum was originally intended only for the Tercentennial but has been expanded and will continue with more conferences.

Forum Coordinator Alison Mackenzie will move offices but will keep her job because the Forum received funding from the University to continue for three years.

Events Coordinator Sharon Finkenauer said she is looking for a job within the University’s system.

“This is probably one of the best places to work,” Finkenauer said. “We’ve had a great time.”

Mackenzie’s assistant Allison Biele plans to finish the children’s book she was working on before she joined the Tercentennial staff.

“I’m going to stay home and write, finish my book, then — probably get another day job,” Biele said.

Though employees looked wistfully around the office as they spoke of future plans, they said they all knew the job would end.

“Everyone knew it wasn’t permanent,” Maloney said. “Janet [Lindner] and I have been at it the longest. When we first moved to the office it was just her and I by ourselves — we just hired people along the way. Everyone knew that it would end.”