Police arrested a part-time Yale dining hall worker this summer in connection with thefts from Ezra Stiles College in July.

A man identified as Thomas Wiggins, 42, of Hudson Street, was charged with third-degree burglary and fifth-degree larceny after students in Ezra Stiles College reported a number of items missing from the Little Theater storage space.

Wiggins, who was was stopped on Dwight Street near Elm July 14, allegedly took a Zenith 13-inch television set, a Hewlett-Packard printer, several books and a Yale trash cart.

Other items were missing as well, and it is not clear whether Wiggins is connected to all of them. Students made four different reports of possible stolen items from the space to the Yale Police Department in the last two weeks.

The thief or thieves apparently entered the theater by breaking a window into the theater from the courtyard above, police said.

Police said a full investigation of the matter has been difficult because there was no inventory of the items stored in the theater for the summer.

“Before now, nobody’s been around to tell us what’s missing,” Yale Police Chief James Perrotti said.

Ezra Stiles/Morse Dining Hall Manager Brian Frantz confirmed that Wiggins had been employed by the dining service prior to the thefts and that he no longer works there.

–Andrew Paciorek