Some students will get to see former presidents and Hollywood luminaries over the course of Tercentennial weekend.

But the most exclusive attraction of the weekend may not even exist.

A notice posted on campus bulletin boards Thursday announced that a select group of Yalies would be invited to a screening of “The StaXXX,” a pornographic film allegedly made by members of Porn ‘N Chicken, a campus group devoted to the viewing of skinflicks and the consumption of fried chicken.

The posters say that the film was being screened primarily for the benefit of cast and crew, but that a few students would also be admitted. Prospective viewers were asked to submit an explanation, in 100 words or less, of why they were eager to see the film.

But many people initially connected to the idea of a film have said they are unsure a film will ever be produced.

Noah Robison-Cox ’03, a singer in General Tso and the Tenderbites, a campus band, said that he had originally been contacted by the filmmakers to create a soundtrack for the film, but that he had heard nothing from them since September.

In addition, a junior Porn ‘N Chicken member, who requested anonymity, said that the film that would supposedly be screened this weekend is unfinished.

Still, the filmmakers have continued to assert the film’s existence in the press.

Four of the leaders of Porn ‘N Chicken posed for pictures in April’s edition of Premiere magazine, their faces obscured by masks. In interviews with the magazine, they insisted in the article that a pornographic film would eventually come to fruition.

The four, who were quoted by pseudonyms in the article, told Premiere that they were represented by Creative Artists Agency, a Hollywood talent agency.

Jordan Sheehan, an assistant to agent Brian Siberell of Creative Artists Agency, confirmed that James Ponsoldt ’01 was being represented by Siberell in connection with a group called “Porn ‘N Chicken.”

Ponsoldt, who served as president of the Yale College Council last year, vehemently denied any connection with “The StaXXX,” saying last night that he did not have any knowledge of or involvement in the proposed film.

Porn ‘N Chicken has increasingly entered the public spotlight in recent weeks, hosting porn star and Village Voice columnist Tristan Taormino at a mock master’s tea last Friday night.

Eighty people crowded into the Baker’s Dozen house for the event.

The notice featured a woman, nude and suggestively posed in front of a classroom blackboard, her crotch obscured by the symbol of Porn ‘N Chicken, a rather phallic looking chicken head. Her face had been blurred out.

The symbol is the same one that appeared on a notice in November, inviting students to audition for Yale’s first pornographic film.

A meeting was held at Naples, in which the filmmakers found two women willing to perform sexual acts on film, one of the women told the Yale Daily News in January.

The footage of the two women was subsequently destroyed, after the women demanded that it be withdrawn. It is unclear whether more footage has actually been shot.

The purported filmmakers have played hard to get, maintaining a low campus profile — so low that many doubt their existence — while granting interviews to a number of media outlets.

In the New York Times and the Boston Globe, the filmmakers have recently insisted that new footage was being shot and that a film would soon be completed.

Some reporters were even told that “The StaXXX” would be followed by a sequel called “Dubya,” depicting the supposed sexual exploits of President George W. Bush ’68 during his youthful years at Yale.