Junior pitcher Craig Breslow’s one-hit outing Friday at Harvard has earned him Ivy League Co-Pitcher of the Week status, sharing the honor with with Princeton hurler Ryan Quillian.

Breslow, a southpaw from nearby Trumbull, Conn., held the Crimson hitless for more than six innings, striking out 11 and walking two. When Harvard’s Nick Carter finally dropped a single past a diving Randy Leonard ’04 in the seventh inning, Yale (8-15, 3-7 Ivy) already possessed a commanding lead. The Elis went on to win the game 10-0.

While the Bulldogs dropped the remaining three contests of the weekend, Breslow’s impressive performance — and first win of the season — took place before dozens of Major League scouts gathered in Cambridge for the Yale-Harvard series.

Breslow’s performance improved his ERA from 3.03 to 2.45, and his 57 strikeouts are second only to fellow starter Jon Steitz ’02 (67).

Yale’s corps of junior pitchers has been a bright spot in a season hindered by sluggish bats and error-prone fielding.

The 1-3 campaign against the Crimson dropped the Bulldogs to four games behind Red Rolfe Division co-leaders Brown, Harvard and Dartmouth. The Elis will face the Big Green four times this weekend at Yale Field, giving them ample opportunity to narrow the gap.

The squad travels to Wagner for a single contest this afternoon.