A great week for Yale lacrosse earned three Bulldogs Ivy League honors yesterday.

Attackman Brian Hunt ’02 was named Ivy League Player of the Week for his stellar performances against Colgate and Pennsylvania last week.

On the women’s side, freshman phenom midfielder Miles Whitman and goaltender Amanda Sisley ’03 were named the Ivy League Offensive and Defensive Players of the Week, respectively.

Hunt led the 3-1 Bulldogs in the pair of victories, totalling six goals and five assists. He scored four goals and added one assist against Colgate. The junior also scored two goals and added four assists in Yale’s 13-8 upset of Pennsylvania.

After four games, Hunt leads the Ivy League with 10 goals, 11 assists and 21 points. Cornell’s Scott Lee is second with 14 points.

Hunt is the only Bulldog with multiple goal outings in all four of Yale’s games this season.

Whitman, a highly touted recruit, has brought a spark to the Yale offense since her arrival. She already has accounted for nine of the 3-0 Bulldogs’ 25 goals this season.

The freshman had six goals in Yale’s 10-2 win over Pennsylvania Saturday. Her nine goals places her fourth among Ivy League goal-scorers.

Sisley has been solid between the pipes in Yale’s three victories. In her second season as the Bulldogs’ starting goalie, she has recorded 36 saves this season, including 17 against the Quakers.

Sisley leads the Ancient Eight with a .800 save percentage and a 3.03 goals-against average.

— YDN Staff