21 Broadway, the newest eatery on the street that bears its name, hopes to discover an untapped market for 24-hour pizza.

Owned by pizza mogul Kadir Catalbasoglu, the man who introduced New Haven to Brick Oven Pizza at 122 Howe St. and A1 Pizza near the Yale Bowl, 21 Broadway is joining an already crowded market for pizza but plans to differentiate itself with a diverse menu and all-night hours.

“We’re open 24 hours,” waitress Tasha Foley said. “We have from pizza to sandwich wraps. We have 21 different burgers.”

The 21 Special Pizza consists of fresh-made pizza sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni, sausage, green peppers and onions. The cost is $10 for a medium and $15 for a large.

21 Broadway, which opened Sunday, will serve breakfast dishes around the clock, including eggs, omelettes, pancakes, french toast, breakfast sandwiches and muffins. The menu also includes competitively priced appetizers, salads, calzones, grinders and sandwiches.

Foley said business in the first week has been “pretty good” and estimated that 95 percent of customers have been Yale students.

Jonathan Bettin ’04 decided to take advantage of the restaurant’s 24-hour schedule and went past midnight on early Thursday morning. He reviewed the calzone as favorable and added that the portion was generous.

“The service was good. Our waitress was very enthusiastic,” Bettin said. “It’s kind of small inside, but it didn’t take away from the atmosphere. It was all college students. It was a Naples atmosphere without the drinking.”

Many students are still unaware of the establishment’s all-night hours. Michael Lazarus ’04 said because the restaurant will serve Yale’s nocturnal population, it will likely find a niche despite menu overlaps with other nearby establishments.

“Yeah, there probably are a few too many pizza places, but I think it can still be profitable,” Lazarus said.

Simon Best ’02 said he did not see a market for a 24-hour pizza place near Yale.

“I don’t have a need for all-night pizza. It seems a little excessive for me,” Best said. “Ivy Noodle was a good addition. I don’t think we need more pizza.”

But Catalbasoglu said there is always room for more pizza.

“There’s always a space for new pizza shops in college towns, and there’s definitely space for a new pizza shop on Broadway,” he told the Yale Daily News in October.

He could not be reached for comment Thursday.