Founded in 1972, the Yale Daily News Magazine is an editorially-independent periodical that publishes seven issues each year. Mag is the New York Times Magazine to the daily paper’s New York Times and the “lux” to the daily paper’s “veritas.” The magazine publishes in print and digitally, featuring long-form narrative nonfiction, investigations, profiles, creative writing, humor, multimedia journalism and art.

If you have questions, concerns or tips, please contact current Editors in Chief Macrina Wang and Isabella Zou at macrina.wang@yale.edu and isabella.zou@yale.edu. To learn how to join Mag, please visit our recruitment page.

2020-2021 Masthead

Editors in Chief: Macrina Wang, Isabella Zou 

Managing Editors: Ashley Fan, Claire Lee

Senior Editors: Jever Mariwala, Zoe Nuechterlein, Marisa Peryer

Associate Editors: Julia Hornstein, Eileen Huang, Elliot Lewis, Serena Lin, Olivia Tucker

Staff Writers: Nicole Dirks, Keneane Ejigu, Jonathan Jalbert, Lydia Kaup, Galia Newberger, Annie Radillo, Marie Sanford, Razel Suansing, Owen Tucker-Smith, Julia Wu

The Wallace Prize

The Wallace Prize is the most prestigious independently awarded undergraduate writing prize at Yale. Every spring, Mag hosts an open submission for the prize in memory of Peter J. Wallace ’64, a former member of the Yale Daily News editorial board. Undergraduates from all disciplines submit their unpublished fiction and nonfiction for a chance to be published in a special issue of Mag and win a cash prize. Submissions are judged by an anonymous panel of experts across literature, academia and journalism.

Read past winners here. To keep up with the Prize, join our panlist by emailing the editors in chief.