I want to start by thanking you for looking at yet another article that appears to be about Yale’s sexual climate.

I promise this one is going to be different.

Starting this weekend, SML: Saturday Morning Love, a blog based on the New York Times series “Modern Love,” (no, not that MODERN LOVE, upperclassmen) will run on the WEEKEND blog every Saturday. Like “Modern Love,” SML will feature collections of “deeply personal essays about contemporary relationships, dating” and other intimate topics every Saturday.

The original inspiration for SML came from my frustration with reading about Yale’s hookup culture, DFMOs at Toad’s and sex signals. I wanted to see us push ourselves to stop making generalizations about our experiences with love and relationships and start making things more personal. I wanted to hear from people thinking more deeply about these issues at Yale as individuals.

But why flog a dead horse? Fair question. It seems that everyone has something to say about love at Yale these days (and by these days I mean just about every day). By nature though, with a few notable, brave exceptions, this new breed of discourse on the culture of sex and relationships has been impersonal, speaking more generally (and often with more hostility) to the Yale experience. I say this only to set this particular conversation apart, as it’s not my intention for SML to become part of that dialogue. SML is a blog about what love has meant to you in your own life during your time at Yale, nothing else. No abstractions. No generalizations. No blaming Yale’s sexual climate on any pervasive cultural norms that may or may not exist. We want your raw, untainted personal experience.

Or as they say on MTV’s “The Real World,” “Remember that time when you stopped being polite — and started getting real?”

But in all seriousness, “love” in the context of SML is all-encompassing: love for a pet, love for the open road, love for a spot in the library that you may or may not have sex in, frequently. You can tell us about your relationship, whether it’s lasted three dates or three years, or about love for your hometown, your parents or your foreign summer someone. However, submitted content need not be glowing with warmth and positivity. Tell us your fears about ending up a spinster, about life after Yale and about heartbreak. Send us your love notes.

Posts should be submitted by Fridays at 5 p.m. and should run between 250 and 500 words in whatever form of literary flourishing you so choose (you may even submit a comic), so long as the topic is about love in your time at Yale.

Email submissions to weekendlovenotes@gmail.com.