Everyone with internet access who is not trapped beneath a rock has, by now, encountered Rebecca Black’s “Friday,” the ear-assaulting, mind-numbing “song” with its Kurt Hugo Schneider-esque video accompaniment. So I won’t bore you by blogging about Rebecca Black herself — instead, let me introduce you to the other star of “Friday,” first visible at one minute and ten seconds into the music video, when she appears to Rebecca’s left, dancing awkwardly in a pink dress.

She goes by “That Girl in Pink” on her website, thatgirlinpink.com, but her real name is Benni Cinkle. As she says in her website bio, “I’m a 13-year old eighth grader in Southern California. My life changed on March 4th, when my friend Rebecca’s music video, ‘Friday’, went viral. I am that girl in pink who sits to the right of her in the nighttime scene. Ever since then, I’ve been talking to people all over the world! I’m a vegetarian, and I have been since July 5th, 2010. I am in love with Justin Bieber.”

Benni Cinkle is amazing — she represents the true potential of web celebrity. Rebecca Black appearing on “Good Morning America” is just the tip of the iceberg. Benni, who appears for maybe 30 seconds in the background of the “Friday” video, has her own WEBSITE. If you watch the video she has posted there, apparently she’s even getting marriage proposals — lots of them.

What 13-year-old eighth grader wouldn’t want what Benni has right now? And the thing is, she’s proven that it’s all totally achievable. If Benni Cinkle can get famous enough that she has, as she claims, “thousands supporting me,” then anyone can. All you have to do is dance awkwardly in the back of your friend’s sappily-produced YouTube clip.

Quick, where’s Sam Tsui’s ’11 next video shoot?