WEEKEND | A new obsession for coffeeholics

If you ever want to drink regular coffee again, don’t try Starbucks’ Clover coffee. It is much better than the regular blend and majorly addictive.

Starbucks boasts that their new blend is “exotic, rare, and exquisite” — all accurate descriptions, if not slightly overblown.

Creative Commons

The Clover blend is named for an eponymous coffeemaker that is indeed very rare: only 38 exist, two of which are in Connecticut (one is at the Starbucks on Chapel the other is in West Hartford).

The four blends — El Salvador, Brazil, Nicaragua, and aged Sulawesi — are all delicious, with deeper flavors than regular coffee that leave a kind after-taste on the tongue.

You get what you pay for, however. The Clover coffees range in price for a tall from $2.25 for the El Salvador blend, to $3.95 for the aged Sulawesi.

The clover coffee is definitely worth trying, just be careful you don’t develop a tongue too discerning to go back to dreary dining hall coffee.

• comment

there are two starbucks on chapel street.

• FreddyHoneychurch

This blurb is so bizarrely written. I had retired from posting to the YDN, but … gosh this is so bad. Literally every single sentence is f’d up in one way or another.

• yaleboy

Wow, do you really have nothing better to do than troll ydn?

• River Tam

FreddyHoneychurch and I agree on something.

Who edited this thing?

I count at least 7 grammatical errors.

• River Tam

1. “Majorly addictive” is just *terrible*
    2. “Starbucks boasts that their new blend is “exotic, rare, and exquisite” — all accurate descriptions, if not slightly overblown.” suffers from *something* (I’m not an English major – I don’t know what it’s called).
    3. “The Clover blend is named for an eponymous coffeemaker” (the thing being named is eponymous, not the maker)
    4. “that is indeed very rare” – what is very rare?
    5. “The Clover coffees range in price for a tall from $2.25 for the El Salvador blend” – meant to say “from a tall El Salvador blend for $2.25″
    6. “The clover coffee” – should capitalize Clover for consistency.
    7. “The clover coffee is definitely worth trying, just be careful you don’t develop a tongue too discerning to go back to dreary dining hall coffee”. A run on sentence to conclude this blurb.